AEM CD-7 Digital Racing Dash Display
The CD-7/CD-7L color digital displays feature a super bright, high contrast, sunlight readable display and include an integrated glare diffuser and shade hood so that they are readable in even the brightest daylight conditions. They are designed to accept channels from CAN bus connections and do not include analog inputs.
Two CAN bus channels are included so that it can receive and collect data from AEMnet enabled devices such as the Infinity ECU, Series 2 EMS or EMS-4, and 3rd Party Devices(see Supported Apps below), including PDMΓÇÖs, CAN sensor modules and programmable engine management systems.The CD-7 is ECU CAN ready and does not require external modules for CAN to CAN communication, just load your configuration and go!All channels can be named in virtually any language so that the information displayed makes sense to the user when displayed, whether on the main screens or warning alerts.
Third-party systems will require download of 3rd party DBC CAN bus protocol files for proper operation if they are not included in our setup software. We currently have over 150 validated 3rd party applications, and offer aCD-7 Power Cable (30-2218)to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices. We have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications, which are highlighted on ourSupported Apps (below)and can be viewed on ourInstall Kits (below).
Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range, and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, allowing easy page changing and memory resetting even with driving gloves on. These button functions are also duplicated on the rear connector allowing the user to mount remote buttons on the steering wheel if desired. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the sides of the housing.
Four packages are available:
- PN 30-5500, CD-7 Non-Logging Display
- PN 30-5501, CD-7L Logging Display
- PN 30-5502, CD-7 with Vehicle Dynamics Module
- PN 30-5503, CD-7L with Vehicle Dynamics Module
- Full color 7ΓÇ¥ screen with 800x480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable - 1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter
- IP66 water resistance allows for operation in boats and motorcycles without worry
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections - works with AEMnet enabled devices and 3rd party devices side by side
- ECU CAN bus ready - no external modules needed for CAN to CAN communication!
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 100Hz/channel)
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page templates and input your channels and textin virtually any language, or create your own custom page templates
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing (programmable and dimmable)
- Two programmable LEDs above toggle buttons on sides of housing
- Available as package withVDM30-2206to add GPS for track mapping & lap times, accelerometer for longitudinal, lateral and vertical G-loads and gyrometer for roll, pitch and yaw
- Add ourGPS Module30-2207for track mapping and lap times (sold separately)
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable warning icons, and you can add your own
- ΓÇÿHeadlight-inΓÇÖ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events (blinkers, high beams etc.)
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text
LOGGING AND TRACK MAPPING CAPABILITIES
The dash display is available with (CD-7L, logging) or without (CD-7) a 200MB on board logger (about 24 hours of logging time, up to 100 Hz/channel logging. It will accept as many channels as available from either of the CAN bus inputs and is tested up to 800 channels. Individual channel log speeds are adjustable.
Racers can purchase the CD-7 or CD-7L with our Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) as a complete kit to add GPS for vehicle speed, track mapping and recording lap times, split times, and displaying predictive times with a live gain/loss value. In addition to the GPS, the VDM includes a 3-axis gyrometer for recoding roll, pitch and yaw, and a 3-axis accelerometer for collecting longitudinal, lateral and vertical acceleration. For users who are only interested in seeing lap times and setting track maps, and do not need chassis dynamics from an accelerometer and gyrometer, we offer a less expensive GPS Module that is sold separately.
TWO INDEPENDENT CAN BUS RECEIVE CHANNELS
The CD-7 features two independent, fully user programmable CAN channels. The bus configuration and messages are fully configurable; it even supports indexed messages. Custom CAN configurations can be imported via industry standard DBC files or the user can manually enter each message and channel. The user can then rename, filter, calibrate, change units and log any CAN channel, as well as direct these channels to inputs on our pre-defined templates or user created ones, and configure the channel data for the On-Change page for immediate reference to critical data when a channel parameter triggers the page.
UNLIMITED ALARMS AND WARNING TEXT
The CD-7 features a powerful alarm editor to create alarms based on any channel. It also features a powerful scrollable, prioritized ΓÇÿtext warningΓÇÖ feature that allows the user to describe the issue in detail, putting an end to obscure warning LEDs! Text can be entered in virtually any language.
SEVEN PAGES TOTAL
The CD-7 and CD-7L are fully configurable and completely unlocked. They include seven total pages; a startup page, four pages for viewing channels that can be toggled using the buttons on the face, a unique ΓÇÿOn-ChangeΓÇÖ page and a dedicated Alarm event page. All pages are 100% customizable.
THREE EVENT TRIGGERED PAGES
Three event-based pages ensure that users do not miss any critical changes in the vehicle operation.
One is an alarm page. The CD-7 will display the alarm page whenever any user definable condition is met and will alert the user that a critical problem exists and can include the status of the channel that triggered the alarm (for example, low oil pressure, low fuel pressure, high coolant temp, etc.). This page is designed to get your attention, and if multiple alarm conditions are present, the CD-7 will scroll between them on the bottom of the screen so you are aware of every critical alarm condition.
The second event based page is a somewhat unique On-Change page. This page allows you to select channels for the display to monitor, and whenever one changes, the CD-7 will automatically display the On-Change page and remain there until the channel stops changing and an additional wait time has passed. The On-Change page is perfect for knowing what map you are on if you have map switching for different boost levels or traction control in the cockpit, and for viewing lap time, split time, etc., whenever you pass the start/stop beacon on the racetrack. The On-Change page enables monitoring for these types of channels only when there is something to see and does not waste valuable screen real estate to show unchanging values.
The third event page is triggered every time the dash powers up and allows the user to program whatever splash screen graphics they desire. This allows the user to brand the CD-7 startup sequence with their own custom team/company or sponsor logos.
FREE DASHDESIGN GRAPHICS EDITOR SOFTWARE!
AEMΓÇÖs new DashDesign Screen Editing software is free and allows users to create or customize all of the different pages in the CD-7. Users can set the channels for the supplied templates or create their own from scratch, and everything in-between! We provide multiple templates and themes to accommodate most styles including light and dark themes, high contrast, vivid color, digital and analog style displays and more. Layouts useful in drag racing, closed circuit, off road and marine elements are also included. Future templates will be added for download at no charge and users can share their designs. For racers who want to create their own custom templates, we will make the layered Photoshop files of the existing templates available so they have a road map of how to design a layout for implementation into the CD-7ΓÇÖs user interface. The DashDesign software is free and downloadable from the instructions tab or CD-7 product pages on our website.
In addition to all of AEM's CAN based products, AEM has available validated and confirmed CAN setups for the following 3rd party products.We currently have over 150 validated 3rd party applications, and offer a CD-7 Power Cable (30-2218)to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices. We have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications, which are highlighted below and can be viewed on ourInstall Kits(below).
A 2-Way DTM Style termination receptacle plug will be needed to create an adapter harness if a Plug & Play Adapter Harness is not available. We supply DTM-style connectors that can be viewed on the theDTM-Style Connector kitspage. The required 2-Way DTM-Receptacle part number is 35-2619.
- Adaptronic M1200, M2000, M6000 ECUs
- Adaptronic Modular series Plug-in ECUs
- Autosport Labs, AnalogX 4 Channel Analog to CAN Module
- BigStuff GEN4 Pro Xtreme ECUs
- Bosch IMU 2-Axis Accel & Yaw Sensor
- FAST XFI 2.0 ECU
- gaugeART 31-001, 8 Ch Analog Expansion Module
- GM/Delphi MEFI-4b ECUs
- Haltech Elite 550, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 ECUs
- Haltech Platinum Pro, Platinum Sport and Platinum Sprint ECUs
- Haltech WBC1 & WBC2, 1 & 2 Ch CAN widebands
- Holley HP EFI, Dominator EFI ECUsCD-7 to Holley EFI Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available30-2214, (30-2218 Also Recommended)
- Hondata KPro4 and S300 V3 ECUs
- KMS MD35 ECU
- KMS Single Ch CAN wideband
- KMS 4 Ch EGT Module
- KMS 4 Ch Wheelspeed Module
- KMS 2 Ch DBW Module
- KMS Flex Fuel CAN Module
- Life Racing F42, F88, F90 & GDI Series ECUs
- Link G4+ based ECUsCD-7 to LinkG4+ ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available30-2215, (30-2218 Also Recommended)
- Megasquirt, MS3 ECU
- MicroTech LT-9C, LT-10C, LT-15C & LT-16C ECUs
- Motec M1, M84, M400, M600, M800, & M880 ECUs
- Motec PDM15, PDM16, PDM30 & PDM32 Power Distribution Modules
- Motec PLM Lambda Module
- Motec LTC, LTCD Lambda to CAN Modules
- Motec E888, E816, CAN Expansion Modules
- MSD AtomicEFI Throttle Body ECUsCD-7 to MSD Atomic TBI Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available30-2213
- MSD GRID Programmable Ignition
- PCS EGT-2000, 8 Ch EGT Module
- ProEFI Pro128, Pro112, and Pro48 ECUs
- RaceGrade TC8, 8 Ch EGT Module
- RaceGrade 8 Ch and 15 Ch Keypads
- Racepak V300SD, V500SD, Sportsman, G2X, & G2XPro Loggers
- Racepak 220-VM-USM, Universal 4 Sensor Analog Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-IRXXXX, IR Tire & Brake Temp Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-JBXXXX, Exhaust Temp Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-PTXXXX, Pressure Sensor Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-PTXXXX, Wheelie Bar Force Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-RIDEHTXX, Laser Ride Height Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-TCXXXX, Thermocouple Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-TRXXXX, Coolant/Air/Oil/Trans/Diff Temp Modules
- Syvecs S6, S6+, S6I, S8, SDI & S12 ECUΓÇÖs
- Techmor AC-1-4, 4 Ch Analog Expansion Module
- Techmor IR-1 Non-Contact IR Tire Temperature Module
- Techmor AP-1, 16 Ch Aero Pressure Sensor Module
- Techmor SG-1-C, Strain Gauge Amplifier Module
- Vi-PEC i44-i88 ECUsCD-7 to Vi-Pec i44/i88 ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available 30-2215, (30-2218 Also Recommended)
Beyond the CAN setups we have validated, we also have created many CAN setup files that are based on the published 3rd party manufacturers CAN specifications. But be aware that since we have not validated these ourselves you should confirm their proper operation before depending on them.
- Bosch Motorsports, MS3.0 Sport, MS4.0 Sport, MS4.3 ECUs
- Bosch Motorsports, LT4 Lambdatronic 4 Ch Lambda Module
- Daytona Sensors HEFI5 2 Ch Lambda Module
- DTAFast S40pro, S60Pro, S80Pro, S100Pro ECUs
- ECUMaster EMU & EMUBlack ECUs
- EFI Technology Italy Euro-8 ECU
- EFI Technology USA X2, X5, R4, R8, & R16 ECUs
- Electromotive TEC3r, TECgt, TECs, & TECm ECUs
- Emerald K6 & K3 ECUs
- EMtron KV8, KV12, KV16, SL4, SL8 ECUs
- Izze Racing, 16 Ch IR Tire & Brake Temp Modules
- Izze Racing, 6 DOF Inertial Measurement Unit
- Life Racing PDU10, PDU16 & PDU32 Power Distribution Modules
- Link CAN-Lambda Module
- Performance Electronics PE3 Series ECUs
- Stack TPMS-Lite & TPMS-Pro Tire Pressure Measurement Systems
- Syvecs PDU10, PDU16 & PDU32 Power Distribution Modules
- Texense IRN4C, IRN8C, 4 Ch & 8 Ch IR Tire Temp Sensors
- Texense THN4x, 4 Ch Thermocouple Module
If you do not see support for your CAN-based application, please check again at a later date orcontact usto let us know your needs.
AEM has developed Plug & Play Installation Kits for the CD-7 that simplifies the wiring connection from the dash to 3rd party CAN-based devices, including a CD-7 Power Cable that makes it easy to power the dash when connecting it to non-AEMnet equipped devices.
30-2218 - CD-7 Power Cable for Non-AEMnet Equipped Devices
AEMΓÇÖs CD-7 Power Cable (PN 30-2218) simplifies power and ground connections for the CD-7 Digital Dash Display for non-AEMnet equipped, 3rd Party device harnesses (the CD-7 is powered through an AEMnet connection on equipped devices, and does not require a Power Cable). The CD-7 Power Cable connects to the AEMnet connector on the CD-7 wiring harness and includes a pigtail connection with power and ground leads, allowing for CAN connection to 3rd Party devices through the CAN 2 connector on the CD-7 main harness.
The CD-7 Power Cable is designed for 3rd party, CAN-based ECUs, data loggers and devices, and AEMnet devices that do not have an AEMnet connection built into the wiring harness. Most Infinity Plug & Play Adapter harnesses and the EMS-4 Universal Flying Lead Wiring Harness include an AEMnet connection. Users of Series 2 EMS systems may elect to use the CD-7 Power Cable, or purchase an AEMnet Series 2 Adapter Cable for their application to connect the CD-7. For all other 3rd party devices, this harness will make it easy to power the dash.
30-2213 - CD-7 Plug & Play Adapter Cable for MSD Atomic TBI
AEMΓÇÖs Plug & Play CAN bus Communication Harness (PN 30-2213) eliminates the need to manually wire a CD-7 Digital Dash Display to the MSD Atomic TBI! This harness is fully terminated and connects the CAN2 input on the CD-7 main harness to the CAN output on the MSD Atomic TBI harness. Additional power cables are not necessary as the CAN connection from the MSD Atomic TBI will power the CD-7 Digital Dash Display via a ΓÇ£YΓÇ¥ connection to the AEMnet port for Power and Ground.
30-2214 - CD-7 Plug & Play Adapter Cable for Holley EFI
AEMΓÇÖs Plug & Play CAN bus Communication Harness (PN 30-2214) eliminates the need to manually wire a CD-7 Digital Dash Display to a Holley EFI system! This harness is fully terminated and connects the CAN2 input on the CD-7 main harness to the CAN output on a Holley EFI harness.
Because the Holley EFI system does not provide power from the CAN output, AEM recommends using its CD-7 Power Cable (PN 30-2218) to simplify power and ground connections. The CD-7 Power Cable connects to the AEMnet connector on the CD-7 wiring harness and includes a pigtail connection with power and ground leads that make it easy to wire the dash for power when used with non-AEMnet equipped devices.
30-2215 - CD-7 Plug & Play Adapter Cable for Vi-Pec and Link ECUs
AEMΓÇÖs Plug & Play CAN bus Communication Harness (PN 30-2215) eliminates the need to manually wire a CD-7 Digital Dash Display to a Vi-Pec i44 or i88 ECU, and 29 Link G4+ ECUs!
Because the Vi-Pec and Link ECUs do not provide power from the CAN output, AEM recommends using its CD-7 Power Cable (PN 30-2218) to simplify power and ground connections. The CD-7 Power Cable connects to the AEMnet connector on the CD-7 wiring harness and includes a pigtail connection with power and ground leads that make it easy to wire the dash for power when used with non-AEMnet equipped devices.
30-2217 - CD-7 Plug & Play Adapter Cable for OBDII CAN bus
AEMΓÇÖs CD-7 OBDII CAN Plug & Play Adapter Harness makes the CD-7/CD-7L the perfect racing display for track day enthusiasts who want to be able to see engine and vehicle data but are still running a factory ECU. This is especially true when the CD-7 or CD-7L (logging) Digital Dash and OBDII CAN PNP Adapter Harness is combined with the Vehicle Dynamics Module to add GPS, 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope for track mapping and lap times, and critical vehicle dynamics data including G-loads, roll, pitch and yaw. And for CD-7 owners with CAN OBD-II who are already using the dash and receiving channels from a data logger or other CAN-enabled device, you can now add additional channels through the OBD connection with no additional wiring!
30-5500-CD-7 Non-Logging Digital Dash Display
30-5501-CD-7L Logging Digital Dash Display,REQUIRES AEMdata V4.01.22 OR HIGHER
30-5502-CD-7 Non-Logging Digital Dash Display with VDM
30-5503-CD-7L Logging Digital Dash Display with VDM,REQUIRES AEMdata V4.01.22 OR HIGHER
30-2213-CD-7/CD-7L Plug & Play Adapter Harness for MSD Atomic TBI
30-2206-Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM)
30-2207-GPS Module w/ AEMnet Connection and 5Hz GPS/GLONASS Receiver
AEMdata - Logging and Data Analysis Software